Breakfast at my Abuela’s house was always very delicious. She made the best Mexican recipes, a lot of them were began with breakfast, my personal favorite was eggs with chorizo. As an adult I became acquainted with the taste and textures of Huevos Rancheros.
Of all the ingredients, I think the refried beans bring this recipe together. Normally I make homemade beans in my pressure cooker and that takes over an hour. By using the new Instant Refried Beans from HERDEZ® we can get that same great taste in just 5 minutes. It is really that easy, mix in boiling water and serve.There are four flavors including Traditional, Chorizo, Jalapeño, or Queso flavors. I chose the Chorizo flavor just because I love it so much. Let’s get started making this recipe favorite.
Easy Huevos Rancheros Recipe
- 2 Fresh Corn Tortillas
- 2 Fresh Eggs
- 1 pkg of HERDEZ Instant Refried Beans (choose your favorite)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp chili powder
- pinch of salt & pepper
- pinch of cheese
- 1 tbsp Salsa
1.Begin my following the instructions on the HERDEZ Instant Refried Beans package, which is to boil water.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, onions and garlic to a medium heat pan and simmer for a couple minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper; simmer on medium low heat for 5 minutes.
4. In a separate pan on medium heat add remaining olive oil and a fresh corn tortilla for just a minute or two on each side. Place on paper towel to remove excess oil.
5. Turn the same pan down to medium low heat and add your two eggs. Prepare like you normally would.
6. The instant beans should be added to boiling water and stirred for 5 minutes and be ready. Time to plate.
7. Add 1/2 cup beans to the bottom of plate then tortilla and egg; repeat.
8. Add tomato sauce mixture to the top with a pinch of cheese. If you would like it to be more authentic use queso fresco.
9. Top with your favorite salsa.
10. Cilantro would go great as well.