The weather has finally started to cool down and the first thing I wanted to do was start using my crock pot.I didn’t want to do the same ol’ recipe though, so I decided to try a variation on my sister’s Taco Soup. (Thank you Carla)
Normally this would be made in a pot quickly or refrigerated over night to serve at one of the family gatherings on the next day. Either way, I think both recipes are delicious. I added some fresh Anaheim chilies to add a little kick in the pants. If you want to make it even better, buy a batch of fresh fire roasted Anaheim chilis or roast them your self and save for future recipes.
Crockpot Taco Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 cup dry pinto beans
- 1 cup dry red beans
- 1 can corn
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper
- 1 Anaheim chili
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
1. Set Crock Pot to high heat for 8 hours.
2. Add chicken broth, cleaned beans, roasted red bell pepper, Anaheim chili, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
3. Brown ground beef, drain and add taco seasoning.
4. After seasoning is well coated on browned ground beef, put ground beef in slow cooker and walk away.
5. After 8 hours in the slow cooker, the taco soup is ready.
- There are many delicious ways to serve this with…
- with Spanish Rice
- with fresh tortillas
- over Spanish rice
- with cheese, salsa, tomatoes
- with tortilla chips