When I imagine sitting down for Thanksgiving Dinner, it is hard to not think of the delicious dessert that follows. One of our families favorites is this Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe.
My oldest daughter starting making pumpkin pie on her own for our Thanksgiving dessert when she was about fifteen and it has been delicious since day one. This year we wanted to put just a little more decadent to our traditional recipe. I suggested adding a sweetened condensed milk we had on hand by La Lechera, oh did that make an amazing difference. Rich, Decadent, Beautiful Pumpkin Pie.
Here is the Recipe So You Can Try It at Home.
Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Yields (2) 9 inch Pumpkin Pies
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp ground cloves
4 large eggs
1 large can of Pumpkin Pie (I prefer Libby’s)
1 can (12 ounce) La Lechera sweetened condensed milk
1 can (12 ounce) regular condensed milk
2 unbaked 9 inch deep dish pie crusts
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Stir in the pumpkin.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and spices and add to pie mixture
- Slowly stir in sweetened condensed milk then regular condensed milk
- Pour pumpkin pie mixture in to crusts.
- Bake according to the instructions on the can.
- In this case Libby’s… Bake in preheated oven at 425° for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350° for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool for at least 2 hours before serving or refrigerating.