I love making homemade dinners, the prettier and tastier the better. Since we have been working to improve our health, including all our favorite meals so I thought I would share this healthier lasagna recipe I received and am looking forward to try.This recipe skips the pasta, but you still get all the delicious layers you would normally enjoy in a lasagna recipe. Thank you to Medifast for sharing it with us. 1 Leaner | 1½ Green | 1 Condiment
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Yield: 4 servings
1 lb 95% lean ground beef (may substitute Morningstar Farms sausage crumbles)
4 oz low-fat shredded Italian cheese
½ cup 1% cottage cheese
1 cup egg substitute
½ cup white mushrooms, sliced
1 cup fresh bell peppers, diced
15-oz can diced petite tomatoes with basil and oregano
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
¼ tsp ground black pepper
10 sprays non-stick cooking spray
¼ tsp Italian seasonings
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook ground beef in a non-stick pan. Drain fat and remove beef from the pan.
- In the same pan, sauté peppers and mushrooms.
Return beef to the pan with the peppers and mushrooms; add tomatoes with their juices. Season with pepper and Italian seasonings, heat through.
- In a clean non-stick pan sprayed with cooking spray, pour ¼ cup egg substitute and swirl to create a crepe. When the crepe is cooked all the way through, loosen with a spatula and carefully flip it to the other side. Cook a few seconds more.
- Repeat step 5 to create four crepes.
- In a 9″ x 9″ pan, layer the lasagna. Spread beef mixture evenly on the bottom. Sprinkle with one-third of the cottage cheese, a quarter of the shredded cheese, and then sprinkle with Parmesan. Top with a crepe.
- Repeat to make three more layers.
- Top with any remaining meat or cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350° F for approximately 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.