This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Georgia Pacific. The opinions and text are all mine. I’m already getting excited for Thanksgiving and all the delicious dishes we plan to make. I was thinking how different this must have been for my Abuela and her Mother, if she was still here I would ask her what Thanksgiving meant to her. We are teaching our kids it is about being grateful for our family, all that we have and delicious recipes like our newest side dish to make is a Spicy Green Been Casserole.
We don’t get to share a lot of Holidays with our family because they live in different places but we try to keep in touch. Our big family of 8 keeps us busy and our hearts full.I think probably the biggest tradition we share is spending time in the kitchen making great recipes. Something that I know is different for us then it was for my Abuela is I also include my son. I think it is important for him to know how to cook and be independent one day. Then maybe one day he will create great memories for with his family in the kitchen, it is important for him… Be Soft. Be Strong.Know back to our dinner. All the dishes we prepare for Thanksgiving are what you might expect at Thanksgiving table, but what I miss is a little bit of spice. I decided to kick up this year’s Thanksgiving dinner with a delicious and spicy green bean casserole.
Here Is What You Will Need To Make This Recipe
- 2 cans of green beans or 2 handfuls of fresh green beans (ends trimmed and rinsed)
- 1 large can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 bag of Jalapeno kettle chips
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Spicy Green Bean Casserole
1. In a casserole dish add mushroom soup, onions, pepper, milk and mix.
2. Add a cup of jalapeno kettle chips, break up slightly and mix.
3. Fold in your green beans. I left mine long, but next time I will chop them to about 1 inch long bites.
4. Bake for 25 minutes at 375º.
5. While casserole is baking, crush jalapeno chips in a zip lock bag.
6. After 25 minutes take casserole out and add crushed jalapeno chips around the edges and bake for 10 more minutes.