Breakfast at my Abuela’s house was always very delicious. She made the best Mexican recipes, a lot of them began with breakfast, my personal favorite was eggs with chorizo. As an adult, I became acquainted with the taste and textures of Huevos Rancheros.
Of all the ingredients, I think the refried beans bring this recipe together.Normally I make homemade beans in my pressure cooker and that takes over an hour.There are four flavors including Traditional, Chorizo, Jalapeño, or Queso flavors. I chose the Chorizo flavor just because I love it so much. Let’s get started making this recipe favorite.
Huevos Rancheros Recipe
- 2 Fresh Corn Tortillas
- 2 Fresh Eggs
- 16 oz can Refried Beans
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp chili powder
- pinch of salt & pepper
- pinch of cheese
- 1 tbsp Salsa
1. Begin by warming the refried Beans package.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, onions and garlic to a medium heat pan and simmer for a couple minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper; simmer on medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
4. In a separate pan on medium heat add remaining olive oil and a fresh corn tortilla for just a minute or two on each side. Place on paper towel to remove excess oil.
5. Turn the same pan down to medium-low heat and add your two eggs. Prepare like you normally would.
6. The instant beans should be added to boiling water and stirred for 5 minutes and be ready. Time to plate.
7. Add 1/2 cup beans to the bottom of the plate then tortilla and egg; repeat.
8. Add tomato sauce mixture to the top with a pinch of cheese. If you would like it to be more authentic use queso fresco.
9. Top with your favorite salsa.
10. Cilantro would go great as well.