Pasta Dinners are one of my go-to meals if I can’t think of anything or am short on time it is the first thing I think of. It is delicious and full of flavor. I like trying new recipes and changing them up a bit.
My husband and I usually go to an Italian restaurant and the first time he tried their chili, he loved it. Right then and there I had to learn how to make Italian Chili.
I enjoy many pasta sauce flavors, but I prefer the fresh ones that come from our garden. That recipe will come soon.
For this recipe, you might think it appropriate to use the Spicy Marinara, but I decided on the Tomato and Sweet Basil.
Italian Chili Recipe
- 1 Jar Mezzetta Napa Valley Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup Farfalle pasta
- 1 Can Kidney Beans
- 1/2 link Beef Sausage, sliced and chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 Zucchini Diced
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 2 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup chopped Mezzetta Roasted Red Pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook Farfalle for 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add ground beef and sliced beef sausage to hot pan and brown about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped zucchini and squash and cook till the veggies, about 8 minutes.
- Add Pasta Sauce and stir Italian Chili with Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- Add Chili Powder, Cumin, Oregano, and stir.
- Drain and rinse Kidney Beans then add to pan.
- Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Pasta sauce and stir.
- It is ready to serve.
Garnish with mild jalapeno if you need a little more kick, but this was perfect.
Italian Chili with Napa Valley Homemade Pasta Sauce #FallForFlavor
Everybody loved this recipe. I liked it as well but was even more impressed with the fresh bright flavor of the Mezzetta Pasta Sauce.