A few short years ago folks started talking about the benefits of adding quinoa to their diet, but I wasn’t sure how. So I asked some friends to share an easy recipe with us, like this Quinoa Salad Recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups Alter Eco Rainbow Quinoa
- 1 teaspoon salt 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup tightly packed basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 or 2 lemons)
- Rinse Quinoa thoroughly in cool water and drain. In a medium saucepan combine quinoa, salt, and 3 cups water. Bring to boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn, cover and cook until water is absorbed.
- Let cool, then transfer mixture to a large serving bowl.
- Toss well with a fork, fluffing quinoa.
- Add basil, peppers, and onion.
- Stir in oil and enough lemon juice to give the salad a distinct lemony edge.
- Adjust seasons to taste.