A metal roof is a wonderful choice. For one, it’s very durable and can withstand any weather conditions. Its humble design has been transformed into something more modern and stylish. Metal roofing can even be made to look like shingles, tiles, or shakes. You can match your metal roofing in Concord with your home’s exterior and style by choosing from a variety of finishes.
This roofing option can last for up to 50 year. This is twice the lifespan of its popular counterpart. Metal roofing is a great roofing system, but it still needs to be maintained. Here are some ways to take better care your metal roofing.
- Keep an eye out for any debris. Metal roofing has a smooth surface which is designed to drain rainwater efficiently. However, leaves, dirt, and other debris can build up on your roof. This happens especially if tree branches hang above the roof. This debris buildup must be removed immediately. This is because the debris can retain moisture which encourages mold growth and also damages the roof’s protective finish. To prevent any further buildup, remove any tree branches that are hanging over your roof. Pressure washing can also be used to remove any unsightly debris from your roof. However, it is important to hire a professional to do the job.
- Make sure your gutters are clean. The gutter system is an extension to your metal roof and should be kept clean. Rainwater can back up in your gutter system and cause flooding. This could lead to rainwater pooling at the base, causing water damage, and also leaving the exterior of your home vulnerable to water damage. Water can seep through the fascia board, causing leaks. This can be prevented by having your gutters cleaned frequently or investing in a gutter protection system.
- Regularly inspect your roof. A thorough inspection by a Bay Valley Contractors roofing professional can make a big difference in the life of your metal roof. This is particularly important after a major weather storm. Although metal roofs can withstand inclement weather, it is still capable of sustaining the damage. Our experienced and trained team can inspect your roof to confirm that. It’s better to be proactive and have any problems detected early than waiting for obvious damage to occur.
- Look out for signs of corrosion on your metal roof. Flashing around the chimney and heating vents as well as any oil condensers over the cooking area are all susceptible. These components can release heat, steam and chemicals which can cause damage to your metal roof’s finish. The risk of leaks increases when the flashing becomes corroded. Get in touch with your local roofing contractor immediately to find the right solution.
WHAT TO ASK FROM BAY-VALLEY CONTRACTORS
It is important to know that roofing work is not something you should do by yourself, regardless of whether it is maintenance, repair, or installation. You run the risk that you make the problem worse or cause damage to your roof. Safety is another concern: DIY roofing can lead to slip-and-fall accidents. Bay Valley Contractors is a trusted professional that will do the job safely and correctly. Bay Valley Contractors is more than a company that installs solar roofing. We can also repair or maintain your metal roof.
You can always count on us to complete your project.
- You will be working with an insured, licensed and bonded roofer. Our skilled, trained team is also covered by workers’ compensation and liability insurance so you won’t be hurt if something goes wrong during your project. We are experts in California roofing and can make sure your installation or repair is done to the highest standards.
- Leave the job to an experienced company. Rooftop work is too complex and large for a rookie. Bay Valley Contractors is a reputable roofing company. We have been providing exceptional solutions for the roof repair and replacement needs of Concord, CA for over 30 years. We combine superior workmanship with personal service to continue to exceed your expectations.
- We will give your project our complete attention. It is our goal to make your time with Bay Valley Contractors enjoyable and positive. We ensure that we communicate clearly with our clients. We are always available to answer your questions and address any concerns regarding the project. If you are not satisfied with the project, we will immediately rectify it.
We are proud to be an A+ Rated company by the Better Business Bureau because of our customer-centric approach to roofing and remodel work. We are grateful for the positive feedback that we continue to get in Google My Business, thanks to our satisfied clients. Bay Valley Contractors is distinguished by its superior customer service, industry-experience and high-quality products.
WHEN YOU NEED TO GET A NEW METAL ROOFING
Regular maintenance and prompt repair can make your metal roof last longer. These will not be sufficient at some point. Bay Valley Contractors is the right choice when you are looking for a new roof system for your home. Boral(r) is one of our most durable and versatile options. Boral(r) offers five different profiles of stone-coated steel roofing. It is extremely resistant to hail impact, wind, fire, and wind. We will be happy to help you choose the right one for your needs and budget.