This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Nabisco and #WeAllGrow Latina Network. Opinions and text are my own.
Between September 15th and October 15th it is National Hispanic Heritage Month. This is a celebration of culture and history of people living in the United States whose ancestors came from Spain, Central and South America. We are celebrating with the kids and making traditional recipes. For now I’m going to make something with a little twist… these delicious Flan Cheesecake Cookie Recipe.
I loved the combination of flavor and texture where the flan meets with Nabisco’s Chips Ahoy! cookies. The added background of cheesecake is just something my mom use to make and it worked perfectly together. I was inspired to make this dish by a Nabisco recipe I found on Nabisco’s Pinterest page. Their recipes are a Nabisco spin on traditional favorites and they look delicious. The Flan Cheese cake I made is delicious and just one; perfect for a little merienda (afternoon snack.) This recipe is very affordable and easy to make. I admit there will be some finger licking.
FLAN CHEESECAKE COOKIE RECIPE
5.0 from 5 reviews SAVEPRINTFLAN CHEESECAKE COOKIE RECIPE Author: Anjanette Young Recipe type:
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese (softened)
- 5 eggs
- 1 pkg Chips Ahoy! cookies
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 can of dulce de leche
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cupcake pan with paper cups (use a spring form pan if you want to make a cake.)
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and add eggs one at a time. Beat in sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla extract until nice and smooth.
- Add one cookie to each cup cake cup. Push down to make it stay.
- Add batter to cups leaving it just under full.
- Add a larger baking pan to the oven. Pour water in that pan (less then halfway) and add your cupcake pan into the water pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the water pan.
- Add spoon of dulce de leche to each of the hot flan cheesecakes.
- Let cool for an hour.
- Chill in the refrigerator over night is best or at least 3 hours.